LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts
June 24th, 2015 by Red Hills
LeMoyne was founded in 1963 by four community leaders: Mary Metzke, Clifton Lewis, June Strauss, and Nanette Fisher. Their goal was the establishment of a fine art gallery and venue for art education activities for the citizens of North Florida. Rich in history, LeMoyne is housed in a restored 1854 Antebellum home that serves as a beautiful visual arts gallery for changing local, regional and national exhibitions. The LeMoyne complex encompasses half a city block (1.1 acres) and includes another historic property (c.1904); an education building for year-round art classes; and a lush sculpture garden.
Located at 125 North Gadsden Street Tallahassee, Florida