Mission San Luis
May 6th, 2015 by Red Hills
From 1656 to 1704, San Luis served as the principal village of the Apalachees and was the Spaniards’ westernmost military, religious, and administrative capital. Mission San Luis was one of over 100 mission settlements established in Spanish Florida between the 1560s and 1690s. It was home to more than 1,400 residents, including a powerful Apalachee chief and the Spanish deputy governor.
A National Historic Landmark and living history museum, Mission San Luis is the only reconstructed Spanish mission in Florida.
Located at 2100 W. Tennessee Street, Tallahassee, FL