Goodwood Museum & Gardens
May 6th, 2015 by Red Hills
Situated on sixteen acres of sprawling lawns, gardens and centuries old live oaks, the Main House and thirteen outbuildings provide a glimpse of a past era.
The estate began in the 1830s as a cotton and corn plantation that ultimately encompassed 2,400 acres. The plantation’s agricultural emphasis declined after the Civil War and by the 1880s the remaining 160 acres, home, and garden served as an elegant private residence. In 1911, the house and garden underwent major renovation. The estate’s style and elegance was further enhanced by Goodwood’s owners in the late 1920s. Goodwood is currently restored to this turn-of-the-century Country Estate era, ever mindful of its rich 19th-century history
Located at 1600 Miccosukee Road, Tallahassee, FL